Friday, January 13, 2006

Hospital Wastewater Disposal Facility








Spiral staircases are aesthetically superior to normal ones.
While I was taking these photographs, I considered yet again what the value of them might be. To just explore the mass of abandoned America, Russia, or Germany, etc., and take pretty photos of all the decay, really states nothing if it is just left at that. I mention this trend because I'm seeing more sites stemming from it, and I don't want to imply that all of my photographs are also an unexplained foray into the peculiar aesthetic of industrial decay.
The subject of these five photographs, and the 10 of the next two posts, is this small complex of buildings languishing nearby a public hospital. In documenting them, one must ask- why are these still here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home